I plan to keep building this list (it’s a hard job but someones got to do it), so if you know a great pub let us know!
1. Squinting Cat Harrogate – towards the end of 2018 they re-opened the wacky warehouse here. They also have an outdoor play area and beer garden.
2. The Black Swan at Burn Bridge – this pub has a huge beer garden so lots of space to run about and a great play area.
3. Old Spring Well, Harrogate – there’s both an outdoor play area and an indoor area for under 5’s. I liked that there was a family area so we didn’t feel bad if the kids were making noise.
4. Deer House Family Pub, Harrogate – if you’ve been to the outdoor pool at Rudding Holiday Park you’ll probably know about this pub. The pool may have closed but there’s a play area with outdoor seating at the pub.
5. The Black Horse Wigginton, York – there’s been a significant refurb both inside and out and the new beer garden and play area is a great addition.
6. Lysander Arms, York – this pub has a lovely beer garden and outdoor play area.
7. The George. Idle, Leeds – the George has a great outside space with play area.
9. Farmhouse Inns, Pear Tree Farm, Monks Cross, York – There’s a family area in this pub with quite a large indoor play area.
10. Farmhouse Inns, Hawthorne, Yeadon – Similar to the Pear Tree pub it’s a family friendly pub plus this one has a good outdoor play space.