1. Mrs Smith’s Cafe – Harrogate – This lovely café has a great toy corner full of things to keep the kids busy and a lovely family friendly menu. Plus watch out for special events.
2. Starling Independent Beer & Coffee House – Harrogate – An award winning place and it’s not hard to see why. One of our favourite places to go for brunch (the pizzas also look epic 🍕) there’s a family room with a toy area on the first floor with a space for kids to play.
3. Goose – Harrogate – Check out my review from earlier this week on this place. It’s a great alternative to normal soft play. Delicious food and plenty for kids to explore.
4. Willow Farm Cafe – York – This café really has children in mind. There’s a craft table, play area undercover for under fives and a playground and bouncy castle outside.
5. High Parks – Bedale – with a pretend village inside and a playground and space to run around outside you are pretty much guaranteed to be able to drink your tea whilst it’s hot here ☕️*
6. Captain Barney’s – Malton – This is a great place to meet with lively toddlers who can just about sit still for lunch then want to be off running around. In the main cafe there’s an area with plenty of toys and books. In the next room is a large soft play area with climbing frames, slides and a ball pool. Plenty of space to climb and run around.
7. Indulge Deli Bar Hornbeam – Harrogate – This café is in the same building as Harrogate Gymnastics Club, there’s a playroom with glass windows so you can see the kids play whilst you enjoy a coffee. Why not go to one of the pre-school drop in class at the gymnastics club (on everyday except Saturday) then head to Indulge.
8. SMile Cafe – Pocklington – The opening line on their website is “Come enjoy a relaxing cuppa and a yummy slice of cake while your children play!” This is absolutely right. It’s a nice place with a soft play section inside the cafe and an outdoor play area for nice weather days.