Farms make a great day out 🐖🐄 and we are spoilt for choice in Yorkshire.
Here’s a list of some of the fabulous farms we have locally;
1. Birchfield Ice Cream Farm – Summerbridge (Harrogate) – this is a really lovely farm just outside Harrogate. They have lots of lambs, pigs, piglets, calves plus much more. As well as the farm yard you can take a walk through the woods and play in their den building area. It is a great place to go strawberry picking 🍓 when that starts again or pumpkin picking in October. Finish off in The Jersey Barn Cafe and Ice-cream Parlour. We had a delicious full english but I think we’ll have to go back for some waffles as they looked amazing!! They are just missing an indoor play space so maybe they could create a small toy corner. (Closed on a Monday apart from in school holidays).
2. Piglets Adventure Farm – York – Piglets has grown and grown over the last few years and they often have events on. It’s not the cheapest but it is definitely a full and fun day out. There’s an animal barn, bouncing pillows, giant sand pits, crazy farm golf, maize maze, barrel train ride and go karts plus much more. Last time we went it was a really wet day but we still had a fab time in the animal barn, on the tractor and in the play barn.
3. Hesketh Farm Park -Skipton (near Bolton Abbey) – There are lots of opportunities for getting hands on with the animals here including brushing the guinea pigs and feeding the calves! There’s a lots of indoor play including ride on toys, sandpit and maze so great if the weather isn’t so good. There is also plenty of outdoor fun and a cafe.
4. Big Sheep Little Cow – Bedale – A small family run family with a cafe, soft play, baby and toddler playroom, go carts and guided farm tours. We went to one of their weekday toddler sessions last year which was brilliant so have a look at my full review here.
5. Monk Park Farm Visitor Attraction 2018 – Thirsk – There’s lots of animals, a woodland walk, go-karts, ride on tractors and outdoor play area. They also have a tea room with indoor play area and plenty of picnic spots.
6. Cannon Hall Farm – Barnsley – A great family day out with lots of animals. We had a great time watching a sheep race . There’s amazing adventure playgrounds, a massive indoor play area (The Hungry Llama) which is one of the biggest and best in the north of England, and a farm shop.
7. Home Farm Temple Newsam – Leeds – There are hundreds of farm animals here including; pigs, sheep, goats, cattle and ducks. It’s great value for money and there’s a large playground (closed on a Monday apart from in school holidays).
8. Brimham Rocks Adventure Farm – Harrogate – This is a working Dales farm, just outside Harrogate. It opened to the public in 2018. There’s an animal barn, soft play area and toys and a cafe serving drinks and cakes. They have an impressive outdoor playground space, a seating area and large sandpit. They run lots of themed events .
9. Playdale Farm Park – Scarborough – This is great for all ages, there’s a cafe, animals and play areas with plenty indoors so good for all weather.
10. Beetle Bank Farm & Wildlife Sanctuary – York – From pygmy hedgehogs to goats, they have lots of animals. There’s also an adventure playground, a sand pit, ride on tractors and inflatables. You’ll learn lots about the animals, running a working farm as well as their conservation and wildlife projects. They also have a cafe and farm shop. It is fully accessible for prams and wheelchairs but they are closed on Tuesdays).
11. None Go Bye Farm – Leeds – A lovely little farm with plenty of animals. It’s cheap, £1 for adults and 50p for kids (which includes a bag of animal food). You can get right up close to feed the animals. Inside there’s a farm shop and an indoor play barn which is £2 per child to pay.
*Please double check opening days and times as these can change